Make an Enquiry
A highly focused Non Executive Director, advisor, and personal coach experienced in plc, family owned and SME high growth businesses.
- Delivered the GEEST profitable growth from £20m to £1,000m
- Set up fish farming business with revolutionary farming model to £3m turnover
- Widely recognised and respected for contributions made to the Fresh Food sector for outstanding commitment, drive and personal integrity.
- Moved on to becoming a Business advisor, Non-Exec, Coach and Consultant in 2010
- Offering a range of services from Commercial/Marketing/Strategic consultancy, Coaching & Menotring, Branding and more general business advice.
- Joined government funded Growth Accelerator program in 2012 as Growth Manager, working with over 500 SME’s delivering growth strategies and development plans. On average these clients have grown at four to six times other SMEs.
- Established Non-exec director and senior advisor to a large number of businesses whilst delivering constant growth & change by personally coaching business leaders and middle managers across the East Midlands.
How it all began
- Board member and advisor to Geest CEO, Gareth Voyle. Delivered continuous growth from £20m to £1,000m in fresh foods over 20 year period.
- Build and lead Commercial, Marketing and Development functions in Geest as Marketing Director of Geest Fresh Foods.
- Grew Tesco account £20m to £600m; Sainsbury’s £10m to £300m; Waitrose £10m to £100m
- Deliered a number of industry firsts including the formation of the Geest Culinary Training Academy, Steam Cuisine ready meals, Doy pouch packaging in fresh foods, the Tesco Finest range.
- 2005: Joined Aquabella – a distressed start-up requiring a turnaround with a truly hands on role, which focussed on introducing the southern hemisphere fish, Barramundi into the UK using a sustainable re-circulatory farming system.
- New Forest Barramundi was launched in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, M&S along with M&J Seafood (Brakes), other major wholesalers and into top London restaurants to obtain leading chef endorsement resulting in sales growth from £100k to £3m.
- 2008: Joined Produce World as Development Director and after completing a strategic review he repositioned the company with a new vision, strategy and outlined key growth opportunities.
- Moving into Marketing and New Business Development and introduced brands; Bellaverde and From My Farm. Tim was also a driving force behind establishing the Organic Trade Board and the pioneering £2m campaign “There are lots of reasons to love Organic”.
Expertise / Experience History
Key Areas of Expertise and Experience
Coach & Mentor, Non Executive Director, Business Advisor and Consultant
- Coaching & Mentoring Business Owners, MD’s and Teams
- Vastly Experienced Non Executive Director
- Senior business advisor
- Sales- Growing Food & Other Businesses
- Sales & Marketing Strategy
- Business Planning- Vision Strategy Bus Plan
- Launching / Marketing Brands & Products to the UK Retail Trade
- New Business Development Growth Strategies
- Commercial & Marketing Training
- Negotiation Training & Strategies
- Leadership Development workshops, retreats
- CEO clubs masterminding
- Handling Major UK Retailers
- Turnaround Business Performance
- Experienced Facilitator
- Interim Management
Access to a wider business support network through a selective list of high quality proven experienced handpicked associate specialists that deliver.
The following provides an insight into to the range of proven career capability and experience:
- Spread of leadership experience: Board member for £1b Food Company, turnaround of start up, functional teams and NED/Advisory roles.
- Built and lead industry leading respected Teams in Division, Marketing, Commercial and development.
- Conducted many politically sensitive strategic reviews, assessing market, competition and competences/strengths to deliver “best value solutions”.
- Directed the operational management of several change programmes finding new commercial solutions, providing enhanced profit streams, and delivery of winning/growth strategies.
- Championed a “Customer intimacy” Culture in each organisation (including conference presentations).
Market Positioning & Business Organisation
- Track record of integrating in-house marketing/commercial and N.B.D. teams with external expertise and finding clear differentiators.
- Used to targeting key accounts for growth opportunities, developing new brand propositions/collaboration and driving ground breaking award winning N.P.D.
- Lead and implement a Category Management Programme and philosophy which became recognised by retailers as the “model” for “Retailer Brand” Marketing/Category Management.
Growth, Partnerships & Joint Ventures
- Designed and lead customer service approaches for a range of services, and known for embedding commercial cultures and building sustainable partnerships.
- Consistent industry leading growth GEEST, New Forest Barramundi. and Produce World.
- Worked with public bodies (RDA’S EMDA etc) in partnership to provide assistance to SME businesses particularly within FMCG.
- Established alliances/J.V.’s/Licensing with blue chip branded companies creating new categories and driving growth e.g. Weight Watchers ready meals, Knorr soups, Pizza Express pizzas.
- Delivery of step change innovation: packaging (doy pouch, pet bottle), technical (superspread and low fat dressings) and new markets, “Steam cuisine” ready meals, wraps, fresh fruit desserts.
© Fresh Growth Solutions 2021